- 01:49 The Crowd is an app that allows investors to swipe left or right on new ideas pitched by entrepreneurs. COO Chase Johnson shares how the idea was inspired by Shark Tank, and what it’s led to so far.
- 13:49 Mark Zuckerberg posted about the importance of private communication, and Kurt Wagner from Recode discusses what this could mean for Facebook.
- 32:03 Sam Abuelsamid sheds light on Waymo’s now publicly offered Laser Bear Honeycomb lidar system, available to partners who don’t compete with the company’s automated taxi services.
- 46:17 YouTube is rolling out a new fact-checking module into its app to help demystify myths at the point of video search.
- 51:20 Jibo went from Time Magazine’s pick for best technology in 2017 to being completely shuttered, and we are sad.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/tech-news-weekly.